Saturday, June 20, 2015

Whole 30 Preparation

I am SO pumped! My husband and I are starting the Whole 30 diet on Monday. Okay, what the heck is Whole 30? Whole 30 is a way to 'reset' your body! You can eat meat, too! And that, my friends, is the deal breaker for me (: I saw that you could eat meat and said "ehh, okay. I will try it." And then I told my husband about it and he said "ehh, okay. I will try it". (actually he said "I'm diabetic and I need sugar so, no." But conversations turned, reasoning was made, and acceptance overtook!)

Okay, what is it?
"Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it... These symptoms may be directly related to the foods you eat—even the “healthy” stuff."
It quickly turned from "ehh, I'll try it" to "I am so excited about this!". The health benefits are beyond explainable and we are ready to live a better life because we are essential!

So, today we went to Fresh Market to prepare ourselves, and our kitchen, for the adventure ahead. (Preparation is key!) If my husband wasn't excited before, he was after today! As he (well, really he frolicked but we will say jumped for manly sake ;) ) jumped through the store discovering new levels of health he exclaimed "I feel like I'm on a field trip! I am learning all kinds of new things!". haha! I would say today was a win.

We loaded up on fruits, veggies, ghee, apple cider vinegar, and all other kinds of goodies just waiting to be sauteed, baked, and grilled! Tune in throughout the next 30 days and take this adventure with us! (:

I'll later talk about my Whole 30 binder, motivational wall, shopping lists, and recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment